Feb ’12 – Present
BACHARA LAW, PC – Oak Island, NC
Attorney, Manager – Attorney Bachara focuses in the areas of general civil litigation, criminal and traffic defense, elder law, estate planning, business formation/succession and asset protection law in State and Federal Courts.
Aug ‘11 – Feb ‘12
COBLE LAW FIRM, PC – Wilmington, NC
Attorney– Attorney Bachara concentrated his practice in the areas of general civil litigation, commercial/business litigation, real estate litigation, criminal/traffic, elder law, estate planning, business formation/succession and asset protection law in State and Federal Courts.
Oct ’08 – May ’10
OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY- Goldsboro, NC
Assistant District Attorney- Under direction of the District Attorney, Attorney Bachara assisted in the administration and management of all functions of the office; practicing criminal law at the District and Superior court levels, as well as domestic violence and juvenile sessions.
Mar ’10 – May ‘10
NORTH CAROLINA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY – Goldsboro, NC Adjunct Faculty – Mr. Bachara instructed college students in undergraduate level courses of Criminal Justice, Evidence and Business Law.
Jun ’06 – May ‘08
MARYLAND BOARD OF PHYSICIANS – Baltimore, MD
Law Clerk/Public Policy Analyst- While a second and third year law student, Mr. Bachara assisted the judicial arm of the Board by working with the Office of the Attorney General in the prosecution of and sanctioning of licensees by conducting legal research, drafting pleadings and final orders. He further assisted the Board in developing policies, statutes and regulations through research and analysis. He also helped to develop analytical tools to improve the processes of investigations, prosecutions and overall handling of complaints.
Jan ’06 – May ’06
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL – Baltimore, MD
Intern – As a law student, Mr. Bachara interned with the Maryland Attorney General’s Office in the Consumer Protection Division. Much of his time was spent mediating complaints between consumers and various businesses.
May ’05 – Aug ’05
OFFICE OF HON. RONALD A. KARASIC – Baltimore, MD
Clerk – After his first year of law school, Mr. Bachara interned with Judge Karasic in the District Court of Maryland where he spent time researching various areas of the law and preparing judicial opinions for cases on civil and criminal dockets.
May ’03 – Aug ’03
THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES – Washington, DC
Congressional Intern to Congressman Vic Snyder - While an undergraduate, Mr. Bachara spent a summer interning for Congressman Snyder researching policies, attending hearings and drafting constituent correspondences.
UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE – SCHOOL OF LAW – Baltimore, MD
Juris Doctor – 2008
Concentrations: Litigation and Advocacy / Public and Governmental Service
UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE – MERRICK SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Master of Business Administration – 2008
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS – Fayetteville, AR
Bachelor of Arts – Political Science – 2004
Minor in Legal Studies
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY – Raleigh, NC
JAMES B. HUNT, JR. HIGH SCHOOL – Wilson, North Carolina – 1999
- United States Courts – Admitted to Practice in the following courts:
- United States District Court, Eastern District North Carolina
- North Carolina State Courts – Admitted to Practice in all NC Courts including:
- Superior Court
- District Court
- North Carolina Business Court
- North Carolina Industrial Commission / North Carolina Department of Labor
- Special Proceedings/Probate
- Family Court
- Magistrate Court / Small Claims Court
• North Carolina Notary Public
- North Carolina Bar Association – Active Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Litigation Section – Active Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Elder Law Section
- Brunswick County Bar Association – Active Member
- Brunswick County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Member
Honors & Activities
- Dosher Memorial Hospital Foundation – Board of Directors, Member
- Communities in Schools, Brunswick County – Board of Directors, Member
- Brunswick Community Foundation – Board of Directors, Member
- US Open King Mackerel Tournament – Board of Directors
- Wilmington-East Rotary – Rookie of the Year 2010
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards Committee
- Rotary Wheel Beautification Taskforce
- Appellate Advocacy Clinic, UB School of Law – As a Rule 16 Student Attorney, Mr. Bachara drafted, filed and argued a brief before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals. His efforts successfully overturned his client’s criminal conviction of child abuse on the basis of insufficiency of evidence.
- Civil Advocacy Clinic, UB School of Law
- Brunswick County Teen Court, Volunteer Judge
- International Law Society
- Homeless Persons Representation Project, Baltimore MD
- Kiwanis Club of Southport
- Trinity United Methodist Church, Southport NC
- Student Ambassador Program, NC State University
- The Arkansas Traveler, The University of Arkansas’ Student Publication – Staff Writer
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Society
- Delta Sigma Phi
- Habitat for Humanity